Inheritance

• Marigold
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Inheritance was created by Marigold

For the past 2 years my bf worked very little and I covered most the bills. I had a good job and figured he would bounce back into work mode soon.  I usually paid for stuff when we went out but I didn't mind sharing since he was struggling without work.  A few months ago I took  a temporary job out of town for the summer.  It was a great opportunity and I could still come home every weekend.  At this same time, my bf's mother passed and he went back East for 6 weeks.  I called\texted but rarely heard back from him. I knew he was suffering and in pain from losing his mother and I wanted to be there for him.  When he got back home, I took a   couple days off and went home.  His reaction was, "why would you take time off a job that you just started?" I explained I wanted to be here and I missed him.  He told me he had made plans for that night and I should have told him I would be home early.   He left 5 minutes later and I sat home alone.  Throughout the summer I felt more & more like I was a thorn in his side.  I would come home and he wouldn't want to do anything with me but he would leave and stay out til the early am hours.  I felt like he resented me.  I tried to explain to him that I feel like I'm being constantly ignored and that I felt pushed away.  He said I'm being selfish and that his mother just died. I wouldn't hear from him and he continued to go out on the weekends and said he would see me later.  Then after coming home drunk he told me he was getting a big inheritance and he wanted to buy my other car I was selling.  He received 25k that next week and said he would make payments to me. I finally said ok although I had other offers on the table. He continued to bail every weekend and I asked if I could join him and he said no.  He went out shopping for himself and his buddy one day and took him to lunch.  I started hearing from mutual friends that he had told them that I'm basically a toxic person for him and that he was looking for a place to live because he couldn't take my temper and greediness.  He actually told  one friend that he thinks I'm using drugs and all I want to do is sit around and pick on him.  I was seriously shocked at what they were telling me. I asked him if I was doing something wrong because I can't figure out why he is trying to destroy me.  I felt like since he was going to be a newly millionaire maybe he changed his mind about being with me. If he left me after I had been covering for him during our relationship that he would be the one to look selfish.  I was desperate to figure out why he was pushing me away and hurting me.  Then I recieved a text from an aquantaince who said she was sorry but she had been sleeping with my boyfriend and she just found out she has an STD.  He denied it for about 2 days and then he blew up at me and said he can't take my bitching anymore and he moved out.  And yes, he admitted  he had been sleeping with someone else because we don't sleep together anymore. I said well that's because you stay out all night when I'm here on the weekends.  He won't talk to me and now I have to move out because my landlord is raising the rent and selling the house. I  can't believe that in one summer my bf I love very much completely turned into a stranger. I feel used, isolated, and broken.  I never in a million years would have expected him to cheat and talk bad about me and then leave me.  I have been   stuck in my bed and don't want to leave my room.  He left most of his belongings behind for me to deal with.  The only thing he said to me was get over it and leave me alone.  I have never been so torn. 
2 weeks 1 day ago #93640

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 2
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by owen on topic Inheritance

This sounds horrific. I am very sorry. Please just try and get through each day, do you have support from friends and family?
2 weeks 2 hours ago #93644

• Posts 2929
  • Thank you received: 204

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Inheritance

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but he did you the biggest favor in the world when he left. He was just using you, that's all. You were just his free meal ticket until his got his payout. He's manipulative and just plain thoughtless and selfish. You are SO MUCH better off without him.

You might want to see if you can get some sort of counseling. He has obviously done a number on you and has crushed your self esteem. You need to see how he got control of you and learn to look for signs of a bad relationship partner. I don't see where he brought anything INTO the relationship. He just took from you, painted you as the bad person in the relationship, and dumped you the minute he didn't need anything from you any more. Don't waste your time trying to figure him out. He isn't worth one moment of your mental energy. Be glad you found out what he really was before he sucked you dry both emotionally and financially. I know it's not easy. That's why you need to reach out for help.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
1 week 6 days ago #93645

• Posts 2929
  • Thank you received: 204

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Inheritance

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but he did you the biggest favor in the world when he left. He was just using you, that's all. You were just his free meal ticket until his got his payout. He's manipulative and just plain thoughtless and selfish. You are SO MUCH better off without him.

You might want to see if you can get some sort of counseling. He has obviously done a number on you and has crushed your self esteem. You need to see how he got control of you and learn to look for signs of a bad relationship partner. I don't see where he brought anything INTO the relationship. He just took from you, painted you as the bad person in the relationship, and dumped you the minute he didn't need anything from you any more. Don't waste your time trying to figure him out. He isn't worth one moment of your mental energy. Be glad you found out what he really was before he sucked you dry both emotionally and financially. I know it's not easy. That's why you need to reach out for help.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
1 week 6 days ago #93646