Cheating boyfriend

• Lemur1414
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Cheating boyfriend was created by Lemur1414

My boyfriend of 8 years cheated on me multiple times each time I found out and confronted him each time he had been apologetic and he told me he doesn't know why through tears. Each time I've forgiven him and moved on. But this time was different before it was mostly through texts and occasionally kissing. This time I found out he actually had sex with the girl and lied to me until there was no way he could. He promised that it would never happen again and that he never wants to hurt me this way again but even though I want to forgive him and move on I have been having a lot of uncomfortable thoughts and I have been picturing things and although I am still very attracted to him intimately it has been hard not to let it get to me during it. I just dont know what to do I feel myself spiraling and I am afraid.
2 months 2 weeks ago #93755

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 253
  • Thank you received: 36

Replied by sal9396 on topic Cheating boyfriend

He's untrustworthy, and every time you take him back, he is more emboldened to cheat again. Move on with your life.
2 months 2 weeks ago #93758

• Posts 2950
  • Thank you received: 206

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Cheating boyfriend

Unfortunately by your continued forgiving him you have only conditioned him that if he cheats, you'll forgive him. If he messes up again, you'll forgive him. If he does it yet again, you'll forgive him. He has no reason not to cheat again. you'll forgive him. Are those tears real? Are they tears of actual guilt and remorse, or are they tears to appease you? After all, what woman can resist a man on his knees in tears? Has he shown remorse? Does he feel sorry that he cheated, or only sorry that he got caught?

I have news for you. Your history with him is only a predictor of your future with him. He is already in a pattern of cheating, and by forgiving him again and again you have inadvertently enabled him. You need to put your foot down and be firm. He cheats again IT'S OVER. No second chance. He's had enough chances already. If you keep putting up with it he'll keep doing it. You have to get tough and unwavering. No more second chances.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
2 months 2 weeks ago #93759