Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

• BipolarBear
  • Topic Author
  • Posts 421
  • Thank you received: 0

Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone was created by BipolarBear

I've been reading another infidelity support board and came across this interesting tidbit for retrieving deleted texts from iphones-

Please note
This will only work on the computer that the phone has been synced with. (IOW the computer that has the itunes program) It will also only show texts from the phone from it's latest backup. For example, if your suspected spouse synced their phone on say July 31st and synced it again on August 10th, you will only get the texts from that time period from in between those dates. You will not get anything recent until he syncs the phone again and anything prior to those dates will not be available.

if you have a mac go here:

Macintosh HD/Users/[insert user name]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync. In there is a folder called Backup

then find the following files

Here are the files to look for on your WW's cpu:

1) These are all text messages synced to cpu (deleted or not): 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28

2) These are all her contacts stored on phone: 31bb7ba8914766d4ba40d6dfb6113c8b614be442

then do this

Copy to your desktop. Download TextPad, install, and then open the backup files in TextPad. Hard to read, but keep scrolling and it's all there.

If you have a PC, find the files here and follow the steps above:

Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

note that almost all pc's have the notepad program already located in the "accessories" file

I tried it and it worked (found absolutely no surprises thankfully, I really only checked to see how it worked to help others as my spying has decreased down to next to nothing now)

Hope this helps some of you
7 years 4 months ago #44314
The topic has been locked.
  • moongazer
  • Love is not just a feeling- it is a choice.
  • Posts 525

Replied by moongazer on topic Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

This works.......It is how I finally got my wife. Out of the thousands of texts message to the OM that were deleted, I was only able to get 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But those 2 were damage enough!

I also got 2 that were deleted that she sent to her best frioend that were incremennating.

You can see ALL message that are not deleted. BUt only a few that are.

I did not post this myself- because I know there are some cheaters out here that might be tiped off- but the info is all over the internet anyway.
7 years 2 months ago #47203
  • fayedoneaway
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fayedoneaway on topic Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

We have a google phone. does anyone know how to retrieve text messages on an Android?
7 years 2 months ago #47209
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Anonymous on topic Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

Thank you! this worked for me but I only got text messages that I didn't need :( I'm trying to find text messages between me and somebody who scammed me out of $4000 and I need to print it out and show it to the police.... but I'm only getting ALL the text messages that I don't need!!!
6 years 9 months ago #56934
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Anonymous on topic Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

Thank you! this worked for me but I only got text messages that I didn't need :( I'm trying to find text messages between me and somebody who scammed me out of 00 and I need to print it out and show it to the police.... but I'm only getting ALL the text messages that I don't need!!! Is there any other folders with a weird code that I can look through that might have it? Please let me know :(
6 years 9 months ago #56935
  • Posts 54

Replied by Michaelpvf on topic Way to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone

Brickhouse security!!! It works but not %100.
6 years 9 months ago #56939