Married 33 years blindsided by husband’s cheating

• s_vandenberg@shaw.ca
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Married 33 years blindsided by husband’s cheating was created by s_vandenberg@shaw.ca

Hi, Just before Christmas my husband and I were at a friends house and just before we left he went to the bathroom and left his cell phone on the chair. It was open and there is was. Texting another woman. To say that it knocked the breath out of me is an understatement. Since then I have actually taken photos of more texts and have found other clues. He travels lots for business but I have always had complete trust in him. 
Our adult son who lives at home has had many drug/mental health issues and it has been very stressful. My husband has changed. He says mean things to me and I chalked it up to stress but never would I have guessed he would be unfaithful. 
More clues have come up. A receipt for my Xmas gift except there were other things that he gave to her. I questioned him and he had some excuses. Our bank account is showing lots of spending and on a cc that is his. He says it’s work stuff but it’s not. I am going to ask to see statements. Two other bar receipts when he has gone for drinks at the airport at 1am. He is back home tonight and I am going crazy. 
His daughter who is 21 looks up to him and she needs to know he is not really the person she thinks. Our sons will also be shocked. He portrays himself as such a moral respectful person and that is all going to be shattered. 
The clues are all there and now I have to confront him. How do I confront him?  
We have built a great life and he is retiring in a year and we were looking forward to lots of things. This is not something I will be able to get over so I am guessing we will have to part ways. Never in a million years thought I would be in this position. 
1 week 18 hours ago #92893

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.