• Lovelynot
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lovelynot on topic He hid his HIV status for 6 years

Hello sorry for the late reply....

I am of African descent and he is as well but has got an EU National status..I joined him based on his EU status as a family member of an EU National.
We are both in the U.K... I want to walk out of the “marriage” but I need to understand what my status is going to be in regards to Residency. I have been granted a 5 year residence permit in the U.K ; it was given to me last year. As I have been reading online I might lose that status in the event of a divorce . I’m not so sure about it but am planning on meeting a solicitor to shed more light on this. I am currently working as a Care Assistant and so financially I can start off on my own by getting a place to stay.

I don’t have any family member here. His family is here and he has managed to convince them with so much lies about me. Telling them I have been unfaithful and they plan on making me stop work. I ended up telling his brother what has actually been going on and I also told him about how he hid his HIV status from me. Now he is trying to convince me to stay back in the marriage but I no longer have the desire to remain because the verbal and emotional abuse are still on-going. I am at my wits end as it stands. I need to be away from him but I don’t know how at the moment. I found this group just by typing some keywords on google search because I dont have anyone to talk to and am slowly dying inside. My older sister is aware of all of these but there’s little she can do because she is in a different continent.

If I can get a list of groups that I can join or attend in the U.K. to at least try and get my sanity back to have a clear head in order to make this most important decision of my life. I need to start on a new page next year.. I no longer have tears to shed... I am more like a living- dead right now . He is a manipulator and a serial liar. Any help at all would be welcomed. I don’t want to give so much information here because Am weary that someone close to hi might be a member of this group. I don’t mind discussing privately with anyone at all...
3 years 4 months ago #91464

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lovelynot
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lovelynot on topic He hid his HIV status for 6 years

Hello... am sorry for the late reply...
I am currently in the U.K. ... at this point I don’t care if it is against the law to reveal his status to someone else.. I think on the contrary it is a criminal offence to hide ones HIV status from a partner and have sex with them without the use of protection. I have recently informed his brother about it because “my husband” has told many lies about me to his family that I am now seen as the evil and bad one.. He also lied to them that I have been cheating on him... that was the height of it and I just let the cat out of the bag.. I was done protecting his secrets when he has no iota of care about me. When he knows what the issue is but chose to lie about why there has been turmoil in the “marriage” ... making it look like it’s my fault..

I am currently trying to get a solicitor to guide me and tell me what my status is going to be like after I walk out of the marriage. He is an EU National so I am here as a family member of an EU and I have got my 5years UK residence Permit.

Any advice is welcome . I am trying to get as much documents I can before I finally leave..
3 years 4 months ago #91465

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.