Caught friend of wife true intentions and she defended him.

• Heartbroken22
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Caught friend of wife true intentions and she defended him. was created by Heartbroken22

So my wife went away on vacation with 3 other women while I stayed home with my son. She wasnt texting back as much and I understand she is on vacation and i mightve went a little overboard with the 21 questions. I just felt something was off. There was a guy she comments with on live videos and talk abt sports and stuff. He happens to live where she was vacationing. They hung out during the night the whole weekend at bars. When she got home we had a long talk, she stated nothing happened and she doesn't really know if he likes her or not. That was supposedly the whole truth. I this is wrong but I ended up going thru her phone in the middle of the night and saw a message from the guy. He said damn I could've grabbed ur booty that night, ur soul is beautiful, and etc. I confronted her on this and she defended him even though I crossed a line. She says she just likes the attention from him but would not go after him. He is just a friend. I haven't been giving her the attention she deserves but have been improving the last 2 months before the trip. What should I do?
1 year 7 months ago #93526

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 2949
  • Thank you received: 206

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Caught friend of wife true intentions and she defended him.

Sure, we all like attention. It's flattering. However, when someone is married, they need to reject such attention and advances. She should not be defending him. She claims that she would never go after him. That doesn't mean she should let this guy text her and say these things. That type of communication has no place within a marriage. If there's any strain in her marriage she'll turn to him for more attention. When she lets this guy say those things to her she opens herself up to an affair. This thing is not harmless.

You definitely need to put your foot down and not accept this. She needs to tell the guy that this needs to stop between them. then she needs to block him and you need to see her do it. But you can't let it pass. "Nothing happened" and "Nothing will ever happen" are the biggest excuses around here. How would she feel if it was you texting those things to another woman? If she refuses to stop it, you need to decide where to take it from there.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
1 year 7 months ago #93528

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.