Lying, deceitful siblings

• littlegiz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Lying, deceitful siblings was created by littlegiz

I am so confused and sad about things that are going on in my family and would appreciate responses from anyone who has had similar experiences. I have an older sister who has always been super controlling and not very honest. She has tried to control everyone, including my parents, my other siblings and my daughter. My father has severe dementia and has been in bad shape for nearly 10 years. I love my dad dearly and have helped with his care/supervision for several years. My sister has been using my dads money to pay caregivers, utilities etc and I never had any concerns until recently. My sister had an incompetent caregiver watching my dad full time while we were at work. I told my sister that my dad needs professional care and she blew her stack. She then informed me that she owns or has control of all of my dads assets. My dad worked his entire life as a professional and has quite a large estate. I discovered that my sister and brother forged documents and put everything in their name. Both of my siblings have lied to my daughter and informed her that she is to inherited from my dad, in my place. I filed for a legal guardian and conservator to be put in place and the vicious behavior increased. I am so sad and confused that my siblings would be so dishonest and cruel. My husband wants the to file criminal charges against them but I can’t do that right now. I keep thinking that they would call the FBI if I did to them what they have done to me. I now have no family but my dad, my husband and my adult stepdaughter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
3 weeks 2 days ago #93379

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 2900
  • Thank you received: 202

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Lying, deceitful siblings

I work for an attorney who does estate planning, elder abuse, etc. I've seen it all. I think you need to get a lawyer right away. I know you don't want to file charges, but you need to protect your father's interests and your own interests. This is a little above your head and a lawyer will give you objective advice. You need to stop your sister before it's too late. If you just stand by and let her get away with it, she'll take it all.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlegiz
2 weeks 6 days ago #93396

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.