New relationship and I dont wont to ruin it

• Taysgirl
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

New relationship and I dont wont to ruin it was created by Taysgirl

Hi, I lived with a narcissist for almost 10 years until he had an accident at work and passed away.  I loved him but our relationship was always a battle and there was absolutely no trust on my part because he was always on dating sites and hardly ever wanted anything to do with me. Well I met a guy about a year after he died and we started talking. Hes been really upfront with me about his past, including past drug use and how he cant promise he would never use again but that he doesn't need or want to. I've never used drugs but have family that does so I'm willing to give him a chance on that. My thing is I'm still so scared of being cheated on or lied to that I keep wanting to check up on him and he hasnt given me a reason to so far. I am insecure and co dependent so Its mostly my problem. Hes like 100 % different from my ex so how can I help myself live it instead of maybe ruining it?
1 year 11 months ago #93215

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by anony.mous747 on topic New relationship and I dont wont to ruin it

I lied to my girlfriend a lot, lots of the time I lied I would always try and hide my phone from her so she wouldn't stumble across anything. Thats what I would suggest looking out for. And lots of guys are really good, I would suggest trusting him until he gives you reason not to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taysgirl
1 year 11 months ago #93217

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.