Should I get a divorce?

• diggity11
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 6
  • Thank you received: 0

Should I get a divorce? was created by diggity11

My wife and I have been married with 3 kids for 15 years but together for 20 years . We’ve been together since freshmen year in college in which we attended the same school .  Wife felt guilty and confessed she cheated before marriage about 10 years ago (when were 5 years married already had our 3 kids) with one guy when we were in college for a couple of months . She said they would meet up and had sex only  2-3 times but mainly just communicate with one another. So I called the guy to ask about the affair in which he was in several of my college classes back then and he works at our local Walmart in which he said their was more than That and they hung out off and on for about 2 year span. He didn’t say how many times or go into details  (in which I want to know ). The kicker is during this 2 year span she got pregnant and miscarried.  Now get this the months  she said the affair occurred isn’t close to her pregnancy time but it’s during the time the guy said. The guy said he knew that she was pregnant as my wife told him. The guy said it was yours man not mine. I confronted wife and she denies the affair was that that long and he’s lieing.  Who do I believe? I am thinking the guy he has no reason to lie . It’s been 9 years and I still can’t get over it. I will be good for awhile then angry the next as things about cheating may trigger memories.  She has not given me any suspicion of cheating since college and everything has been good except for me trying to get over the past lies and cheating back in college when we wasn’t married. She has been a good wife and great mother up to this point and she apologizes and regrets her indiscretion.  I am contemplating divorce as it may help me get over it and move on with someone else. As ii told her back in college one thing that I can’t forgive is cheating . I am trying but it’s difficult. Should I get a divorce or continue to try to work it out? 
3 weeks 6 days ago #93464

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 2912
  • Thank you received: 204

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Should I get a divorce?

I don't think that divorcing her will give you any closure. It certainly won't leave you emotionally free to pursue another relationship. It looks like she is sorry for what she did, and apparently she has not cheated again. And some one, this happened in college. Not to excuse what she did, but how mature is anyone at that age? If it has been this long and you can't let it go I suggest you try some sort of counseling.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
3 weeks 4 days ago #93466

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.