I cheated on my husband of 10 years

• lemonsour
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

I cheated on my husband of 10 years was created by lemonsour

I know I’m going to get a lot of heat from this and I accept what I’ve done is wrong. I do feel that I’m living with. The consequences and no matter I try to be brush it off and. Stay positive it’s still a cloud that hovers over me. I don’t know if it will ever go away.

Let me tell you what happened. I worked in the restaurant business as host to begin with. My husband asked me to work part time so I can help with bills. So I did. Mind you, I just had 10 month old baby at the time. He worked days and I worked nights. I started doing really well at my job so my boss kept moving me up to the point where I became a General Manager within 1 year of getting hired. It was a lot of work but I had fun and it gave me a sense of identity I never thought I had. I was always reserved and my husband was always the one  is control and he liked that in our relationship.

Once I started being a Manager, I had to stay up late and close the restaurant with the bartenders. I met B (bartender) and he is a single dad with 5 kids who are  all grownups ad. They are amazing good hearted kids when I got to know them. 
 B and I would havedeeo conversations about just anything and I’ve never fell any connection like I had with him before. Not even with ex husband. I started to stay Later and later and o developed feelings for him. I started texting him and not thinking it was wrongs since we talked about work a lot. One night  I had a drink with him and ended up kissing himz not make out but a peck on the lips. I was so guilty and lt so bad.
I tried to end it it part of me wanted to know more and I asked myself why I did that.
my husband found out few months later.  I broke it off with him and told I have feelings for someone else. So we decided to separate. 
We attempted to make it worksso we did some therapy. Ive always suggested we did that but hen we wanted. To do it. But out of desperation from his end he really tried. I was done at that moment. 

Meanwhile I saw B and had conversations with him. He had said we should part ways and my heart could never agree. Few days later my husband when through text and he saw what I was doing. He called me ahwore and and I lost it from there.

That night I was so upset that I went to B’s house and we had sex.

my husband tried to reconcile but I found out he had llready slept with someone at our home. I was devastated. I thought it was over them.

fast forwards 6 months he still gives me a hard time harassing me via text, email and calling me names. He blamed for everything and had continuous lay called me a terrible person. I apologized but he says he will never forgive me. I started seeing B more often and eventually introduce my kids they love him buand they understand that I love him too.

ii don’t know why I’m here confessing this, and I’m not trying to justify what I’d id. Was right. But I just wanted to share it because a lot people may go through the same things and can never understand or they may live in guilt. I will never know when I will get over this but I pray that my husband will find someone that will treat him better that I did.
1 year 2 months ago #93102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 1

Replied by Sunflower7 on topic I cheated on my husband of 10 years

Hi, 

I just want to respond by saying I can relate to your story.  I come from very conservative values, and if I cheated, I believe it is within absolutely ANYONE to cheat.  I used to be that person who criticized cheaters, but now I've been in their shoes.  Im not advocating cheating, but I can now understand it, we are emotional creatures and not robots.  It sounds like this is taking an emotional toll and my best advice is I hope you take care of yourself.
2 months 3 weeks ago #93799

• Posts 3

Replied by ZenointheWest on topic I cheated on my husband of 10 years

I think your husbands response was pretty tame. If someone wasted 10 years of my life I would probably become uncontrollably violent. 
1 month 3 weeks ago #93815