Cheating Husband

• Onslow444
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts 1
  • Thank you received: 0

Cheating Husband was created by Onslow444

My husband is having an affair and it's been going on for several years. I've known about it for awhile, but he has no idea that I know. The woman was a customer of his and owns a business a couple of towns over. Apparently, her twenty something year old daughter who lives with her has no problem with her mother sleeping with a married man and is constantly emailing my husband jokes and thinks she thinks are funny on the internet. Quite a pair.  I'm biding my time waiting for our last child to graduate and leave home, cleaning out the house so that when I leave it will be a simple as possible and continuing to gather evidence of his adultery.

When I discovered what was going on, I told him I could no longer stand his snoring (which is true) and moved into the guest room. We have no physical relationship and our marriage has been so acrimonious at times, that there have been times when we barely speak to each other. 

However the past 3 or 4 months, he suddenly is being nicer to me than he's been in years, actually spending a bit more time at home, listening to me when I speak instead of interrupting me and shutting me up as usual. He's very close to his family who live in California and his sister called the other day to tell us they purchased a new home and want us to spend the entire month of August with them. I didn't give it another thought, so imagine my surprise when my husband said he thinks it's a great idea for us to spend the month with them and that while we're there, we should look at houses. He is retiring in the fall and he said he thinks we should sell our current home, move to California and retire near his family. I certainly did not see this coming....

I check his emails everyday, his phone when I can get access to it and his credit card statements every month. He still seems to be in the thick of his affair with that woman, still spending money on her and I see no evidence that the affair is winding down. What I'm trying to figure out is what is he up to? Have to admit, I'm pretty confused right now. Would appreciate hearing opinions from any of you out there.

Thanks.
2 months 3 weeks ago #93800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 2950
  • Thank you received: 206

Replied by Betrayed Wife on topic Cheating Husband

He's playing nice because he wants something from you. I guess you'll have to figure out what that is. He wants your cooperation in moving to California. I guess it would be a good time to pull the plug. And it seems like you already have enough evidence of his adultery. Most states are no-fault, so you shouldn't even have to worry about it. You already know that he's had an affair for several years and is still involved with the woman. Why are you waiting around? When he goes to California tell him to have a nice life. But I wouldn't read anything into his niceness other than he 's just trying to soften you up and charm you into going along with his wishes.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness -- ancient proverb.
2 months 2 weeks ago #93804

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.